RITUXAN DOSING SCHEDULE
If you're considering Rituxan® (rituximab) plus methotrexate with your doctor, don't forget to consider if the dosing schedule suits you, and how Rituxan is given.
4 INFUSIONS A YEAR
Rituxan® (rituximab) is typically given every 6 months, or based on your doctor's evaluation of your symptoms (but no sooner than every 4 months).
It's important to know if your symptoms return before it's time for your next course, you and your healthcare provider may decide to treat earlier (but no sooner than 4 months).
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECT INFORMATION
Rituxan can cause serious side effects that can lead to death, including:
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML): PML is a rare, serious brain infection caused by a virus that can happen in people who receive Rituxan. People with weakened immune systems can get PML. PML can result in death or severe disability. There is no known treatment, prevention, or cure for PML.
Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have new or worsening symptoms or if anyone close to you notices these symptoms:
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Difficulty walking or talking
- Decreased strength or weakness on one side of your body
- Vision problems, such as blurred vision or loss of vision
For more information, please visit the Important Side Effect Information page.