CURRENTLY TAKING RITUXAN
Learn how to get the most out of your treatment as you continue taking Rituxan® (rituximab) plus methotrexate. Get tips to help you prepare for your infusions. And learn about scheduling future courses.
HAVING 2 COURSES OF TREATMENT 6 MONTHS APART HAS HELPED ME STAY ON TRACK.
taking Rituxan with methotrexate to treat his rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
Results may vary.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECT INFORMATION
Rituxan can cause serious side effects that can lead to death, including:
- Infusion Reactions: Infusion reactions are very common side effects of Rituxan treatment. Serious infusion reactions can happen during your infusion or within 24 hours after your infusion of Rituxan. Your healthcare provider should give you medicines before your infusion of Rituxan to decrease your chance of having a severe infusion reaction.
Tell your healthcare provider or get medical help right away if you get any of these symptoms during or after an infusion of Rituxan:
- Hives (red, itchy welts) or rash
- Swelling of your lips, tongue, throat, or face
- Sudden cough
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or wheezing
- Dizziness or feel faint
- Palpitations (feel like your heart is racing or fluttering)
- Chest pain
For more information, please see the Important Side Effect Information page.