TIPS FOR RITUXAN INFUSIONS
As you continue to take Rituxan® (rituximab) infusions, keep the following tips in mind. They can help make the process go smoothly.
- Set aside enough time—future infusions may take less time, but they will still last several hours. So make sure you set aside enough time in your day
- Bring activities—you may want to take activities such as crossword puzzles or a book to read to help you pass the time
- Eating and drinking—you may be at the infusion facility for the better part of the day. So consider taking some snacks or packing a meal. Just be sure to check with the facility first that bringing food is allowed
- Additional medications—as always, remember to let your doctor or nurse know about any medications or supplements you're taking
- Stay mindful of how you feel—even if you didn't experience reactions in the past, they may still occur with future infusions. It's important to tell your healthcare provider right away about any discomfort during or after treatment
- Review the Rituxan Medication Guide—before each infusion, remember to review the Medication Guide and ask your doctor any questions you may have