WHAT TO DISCUSS WITH YOUR DOCTOR
Rituxan® (rituximab) in combination with methotrexate has helped many people see results, but it's not right for everyone. To help you and your doctor decide if it's right for you, review the following questions at your next appointment. Just remember to be open and honest in your discussion. After all, you know your health as well as anyone, and your input can help you and your doctor make a more informed decision.
QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT RITUXAN
- How is Rituxan different from other rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treatments?
- How is Rituxan thought to work?
- What are the potential benefits of Rituxan in combination with methotrexate?
- What are the possible Rituxan side effects?
- What can I expect with Rituxan treatment?
Before receiving Rituxan, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- have had a severe reaction to Rituxan or a rituximab product
- have a history of other medical conditions
- have had a severe infection, currently have an infection, or have a weakened immune system
- have had a recent vaccination or are scheduled to receive vaccinations. You should not get certain vaccines before or during treatment with Rituxan
- have any other medical conditions
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Talk to your healthcare provider about the risks to your unborn baby if you receive Rituxan during pregnancy. Talk to your healthcare provider about effective birth control
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Rituxan passes into your breast milk
- are taking any medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
Please see the Important Side Effect Information page and the Rituxan Prescribing Information and Medication Guide for additional Important Side Effect Information, including Most Serious Side Effects.
Call 1-877-474-8892 to speak about Rituxan treatment.